Raking Leaves - Selvage Tote©
By: Mary Janes Hoth (aka Sluggo)
A scrappy design inspired by the riotous colors of autumn!
As an added bonus, the front piece of the tote can be made into a placemat or pillow, and the front and back pieces when joined can make a quick table runner. Four projects in one!
Foundation-pieced selvage strips, rotary cutting, and zippy chain piecing make assembly a snap, and there are only four units per block! This petite but versatile design is suitable for large- and small-scale projects, from potholders to full-sized quilts. Best of all, the small scale means you can raid your scrap box and use up all those lovely little bits you've been hoarding ... how frugal is that?
Here are few reasons why you should buy this class
- Frugal doesn't begin to describe this tote! - Using selvages and scraps of fabric to create a lovely reusable shopping bag.......it doesn't get any more frugal than that!
- Versatile pattern. - Learn the basics of creating this uniquely simple block and then see how many projects it inspires you to make. Tote bags, placemats, pillows and quilts of all sizes are just a few of our suggestions.
- Imagine going to the quilt shop with little beauty on your shoulders. - You will be the envy of all your quilting friends when they see this stunning tote bag. And imagine their surprise when you tell them it costs you nothing but time to make! Since you had all the supplies on hand.
- Save the environment, save money, and clean out your scrap bags at the same time. - Using selvages and scraps is not only good for the environment it will make you budget happy too. Using what you have on hand instead of buying new fabric..............well at least you can make room for more fabric if you use up what you have.
- This bag is so fast to make you won't want to stop at just one! - The 19 pages of instructions and great photos will insure your success, and because the supplies are minimal you can afford to make several for your next shopping trip.
Whether you want to save money, get new creative ideas or save the planet this class will do all that and more. Recycle reuse is the word around most homes and when your bag is made from scraps you can feel good about doing your part to help make our world greener. Add this class to your shopping cart and get started today!
Testimonials from previous students
"I have enjoyed taking the classes. Because you can go back & back checking to see if you got the work right. Work at your on pace in your home at your on time. It is just wonderful!
Wanted to take a minute to thank you for the wonderful opportunity to purchase 3 of your Homestudy courses. I have read the courses and all of very easy to understand. The instructions are very clearly written.
How our Home Study Program Works
Quilting Weekly's Home Study Program has you in mind. We know your time is valuable and finding time to learn how to quilt can be difficult when you need to travel to a quilt shop and work with their schedule of classes.
I know this first hand because I have taught live classes and found it challenging to pick the right day of the week, the perfect time to hold class and still pick a project that was interesting enough to make the students commit!
With Quilting Weekly's Home Study Program, you can choose the quilting patterns and quilting lessons you want to work on, you get to decide when you have time to work on them, and the best part is you never even have to leave home to do this! No more lugging machines or forgetting supplies, and no more traveling in bad weather or risking cancellations after you purchased those supplies! At Quilting Weekly we never cancel class.
Just choose your easy quilt patterns and pay. Once you've completed the purchasing process you will be sent an email with a special link to the download page. From there you will download all the class requirements, videos, audios and quilting lessons. You can save them to a file on your computer, burn them to a disk, or print them out for easy reference. It couldn't be any easier! (Well unless you are lucky enough to be my neighbor and then we could learn together)
What if I have a question during my quilting lessons?
Not to worry if you purchase any of the easy quilt patterns from Quilting Weekly you are never alone. Would having a secret e-mail address for personal assistance make you feel more confident? Well that is exactly what you'll get, access to Chris Dahl 24/7! She will answer all your quilting questions and personally guide you through any difficulties you may have with your quilt patterns or quilting lessons. Now that is like being my neighbor! Well neighbor what are you waiting for? Go pick up your quilt patterns and get started today!
Our Personal Guarantee
Your satisfaction is our primary concern here at Quilting Weekly. Although we try to take every possible measure to insure you purchase and time spent here is easy and smooth and without incident, we do know that sometimes technical issues can arise.
For technical issues with this site, problems with the purchasing process, or problems with the download pages contact "Michelle Frost
Although our teachers put together quilting lessons that are easy to follow, and we work hard to ensure your success from the start of the purchase to the completion of your quilted items we also know that questions can still come up that may need further explanation or assistance.
If you are having difficulties with your class materials, understanding the lessons or any other quilting related questions contact Chris Dahl
You can purchase this class with confidence knowing that we stand behind every product with our 100% money back guarantee, and knowing that support is just an email away!